Early on Monday morning, I said goodbye to someone. It wasnt a goodbye in the traditional sense, and it was something that I didn't want to do. I deleted someone who I did actually like, off my Facebook friends list. Usually, the deleting is few and far between with me. I don't have many friends on my Facebook list. Right now, its at 138. These are people that I have known for a long time, that I have worked with, gone to school with, went out drinking with, and was a part of their lives. While I do manage to not force my way into someone's freindship circles, there are friends of friends I do ask first, if we can be friends on Facebook. Which brings me to the person that I didn't want to, but did delete. She is an interesting person, in every sense of the word, and someone that I thought would make my life a bit more enjoyable. It was nothing terrible that I did, that turned her off. Like everyone else on the planet, she has her issues, her hang ups, her pet peeves. Things that annoyed her. That is probably what happened, some of my joking and kidding around, annoyed her, and she made the decision to not "unfriend" me, but to place me on a list that kept me from making comments on her page, from seeing any of her photos that she had posted, and from reading her updates. In short, kind of suspended me in Facebook limbo: Yes, I can see your page, but I cant participate in anything on it. This is what I didn't understand; If I bothered her that much, why didnt she just unfriend me? "If you don't want me to comment on your page, or see your photos, or read your newsfeed... Unfriend me." It is just a part of life, this rejection that happens to many. I'm sorry that she didn't seem to find me all that interesting, but she could have been a lil more honest, and upfront. But, if she didn't have the nerve to do it, and she thought that if I was deleted, it would make another friend of mine upset, to her, I say this: My friend already had emotions for you, before you even knew I existed. To stay a friend with me, after you and her parted ways, just to keep any kind of peace, didn't matter. Lesbians are a complicated lot. I will never understand them. ;-) So, in the quiet still of that Monday morning, I freed her, from my friends list. In a way, I freed myself too... and freed up another spot on my list, for someone who will actually enjoy my company, and see that im a rare gem, indeed. |
Monday, March 19, 2012
An Empty Seat Just Became Available
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment