Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Attraction

I can't help it if you weren't interested in me.
Nor can I help it, if I couldn't get close to you.
If it isn't in my heart
Or in my soul
It won't happen.




The same goes for you, I suppose.




Funny thing, this "attraction"
That causes all the joy and pain in life.


I wanted to be with you.
You ran.
You ignored.
You blocked.




I wondered.
I tried to understand.
I cried.




Just wasn't meant to be.




Just don't be surprised
When I don't want to talk to you
Or to hang around with you.




I had to get over the fact that I wasn't "your type".

Even though I had the qualities you wanted in a lover
I had to remind myself that the "attraction" wasn't there.



It isn't about being attractive.  But attraction.




I used to yell, "What bullshit is this?"
But now I understand.
And now I struggle with the fact that
I seem to not even qualify as friendship material.



This is where I draw the line
And just go where you are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment